The Miller Group was founded in 1917, then known as A.E. Jupp Construction. When its ownership changed in 1940, the name changed to Miller Paving Limited. Since its formation, Miller’s reputation has been based on road building and it participated in many of the major projects during the great road building boom of the mid-20th century, including the Alaska Highway. Nearly 100 years later the company’s success is based on time-proven construction methods and innovative technology, backed by vast technical and financial resources. The over 4,000 employees of The Miller Group build and support urban and rural infrastructure across Canada, throughout the Southeastern United States and in International markets. Every employee works to provide total customer satisfaction by offering products and services that represent value, adhere to specifications and are clearly superior to those of the competition.


The original corporate entity of Amico was created in April, 1986 when company owner and president, Mr. Dominic Amicone began business as Amico Contracting & Engineering Inc. Located just outside of the City of Windsor in Oldcastle, Ontario the majority of the company’s early construction activity occurred in the Windsor/Essex County area. Since that time, the company has grown in size and capability and is currently involved in land development and construction throughout Ontario. Amico has successfully completed many high profile construction contracts since its inception. Amico considers the social, environmental and economic aspects of sustainability. Committed to reducing the impact of its construction activities, Amico employs sustainable building and design construction practices whenever possible. Sustainability begins at the design stages of the project. At Amico, our projects teams work with architects and engineers to incorporate green building concepts and philosophies into the overall design of the building.